Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Honeymoon Plans

I know its a little early to be settling on honeymoon plans when there isn't even an exact date for the wedding yet (we are thinking September 4th) - but, expedia is having some uber awesome deals right now that we just couldn't pass up. Seriously, if you want a vaca this year now is the time to look for stuff. We are going on a 7 day cruise around Europe, I really can't tell you how excited I am all for 1,600 per person and really thats usually how much the plane tickets are. Go us! Our honeymoon won't happen until October 3rd though, which really, how can you be sad about a late honeymoon when its something as awesome as seeing 4 different countries?! Exactly.

Flight There
Sat 3-Oct-09
Denver (DEN) Depart 9:55 am to Chicago (ORD) Arrive 1:15 pm
Chicago (ORD) Depart 4:40 pm to Madrid (MAD) Arrive 7:40 am +1 day
Sun 4-Oct-09
Madrid (MAD) Depart 9:30 am to Barcelona (BCN) Arrive 10:40 am


Okay, so there is a massive layover in Chicago, and then another connection flight in Madrid. However, its a good three and a half hours... and I dunno how close Threadless is to the Chicago airport, but I'm definitely going to make my best effort to go to the store and hopefully see Festa and the gang! Plus we arrive in Barcelona with over 8 hours to spare before the cruise- meaning lots of awesome running around time. I'll be tired, but in bliss.


Cruise Itinerary
 Barcelona, Spain - departs 7:00 PM
 At sea
 Valletta, Malta - 8:00 AM thru 3:00 PM
 Naples, Italy - 8:00 AM thru 7:00 PM
 Civitavecchia, Italy - 7:00 AM thru 7:00 PM
 Livorno, Italy (Florence) - 7:00 AM thru 7:00 PM
 Cannes, France - 7:00 AM thru 3:00 PM
 Barcelona, Spain- arrive 5:00 AM


Yes, that is right I am going to Spain, Italy and France!!!! I'm too stoked. I think Jon is most excited for Spain- for obvious reasons, but I am mos def excited for italy, and the fact we are going to 3 places in Italy makes my heart want to explode. I'm seriously considering learning Italian before we go. Obviously I won't be fluent in it, but at least have the basics down so I won't feel like such a bad tourist. And France- can't say it was ever my dream, but a different culture which is bomb-diggity. And I have no idea what Malta is, looks like a little island off of Italy, but other then that- no idea, anyone know?

Flight Home
Sun 11-Oct-09
Barcelona (BCN) Depart 9:25 am to Madrid (MAD) Arrive 10:35 am
Madrid (MAD) Depart 11:55 am to Chicago (ORD) Arrive 2:15 pm
Chicago (ORD) Depart 3:35 pm to Denver (DEN) Arrive 5:10 pm


Not so sure how excited I will be for the flight back, especially since there is yet another 2 connecting flights in Madrid and Chicago. At least they are both short so I won't be twiddling my thumbs for 4 hours in an airport. And there you have it- our amazing honeymoon- it's okay to be jealous.

1 comment: